Hello, welcome to Business Interview, Good morning enterprises of India!
This afternoon, I’m interviewing Shivam Agarwal, the manager of the magazine Ranchi Lifestyle, the first English magazine in the eastern part of India.
Ranchi Lifestyle, at the moment I am speaking, it is a monthly world class magazine of 75 pages, about life style, modern life, city life, cuisine, health, travel…
The business model is based on incomes from ads. I’m interested to do this interview today for 2 reasons: to share with you how this magazine was created and Shivam manages alone the 10-20 peoples who work for.
- Hi Shivam, may you give us a short introduction of yourself?
- How came to you the idea to create a magazine? What was the purpose of your magazine? May you present its content?
- So when have you created this magazine?
- How do you have proceed to create this magazine?
How you structure your work?
- What was the difficulties and which solutions you found?
- …and then how you started? Design, content, ads…
How do you have proceed to select the main topics?
- What was difficult for you that you didn’t expected?
- And today, may you give us a picture of the business (qty print, qt ads, qt regular customers)
- Me, as a foreigner, I’m very surprised to see that Shivam is dealing with a lot of people – writers, proofreader, advertisers, design lab, publisher, and printer’ plant and many more… – from his office only. All this people are not necessarily leaving in Ranchi, where we are today. They are in New Delhi (2000km), Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Jamshedpur (300km)… He manages through Internet and phone. That it’s really a very modern way to manage!
Shivam, can you explain to us how you manage more in details?
Which tools are you using to manage? [office 365, outlook, Microsoft OneDrive]
- How you make all your people to work in the same way?
- Who decide of the content for the next issue, and accordingly, how you explain to your team what to do?
- For you, what is the most important thing that you have to take care a lot every month?
- How many writers and journalists are working for your magazine today?
- How you lead them?
- What is your secret to stay always focus on your business?
- If you have to share with us one things that you have learnt from this magazine experience, what it will be?
- What is your coming projects?
- For all people who listening us, and particularly people who want to create their own business, may you give them 3 advices to success in their business?
- And for foreigners, what you will advise them?
Thank you to follow my blog talk dash entrepreneurship dot com, it was the interview of Shivam Agarwal! See you soon!
Please share this page on your facebook page and comment to share your point of view with me!